Welcome to the FitMed weight and lifestyle management program at The Medical Center at Ocean Reef. FitMed is an evidence-based weight management lifestyle program that utilizes a combination of medical consultation, nutritional guidance and health coaching to deliver meaningful and effective weight loss and maintenance.
Dr. Carlos Smith and assistant Amy Walton work with patients to implement FitMed’s approach for lasting results in weight loss and subsequent management.
As with hypertension and diabetes, successful weight management requires ongoing, lifelong effort, treatment, and awareness. This includes lifestyle changes in diet, exercise habits, sometimes medications and, in more severe cases, surgery.
Using our knowledge in this ever-progressing field, we will work with you to understand why you are struggling with your weight and help formulate and implement a plan to achieve your goals that is catered to your lifestyle. We will monitor and motivate you along the way, and help you work on maintaining your new weight going forward.
The initial Program is 12 weeks long and includes:
- Comprehensive lab work at the beginning of the program and end of the program
- Initial, comprehensive medical evaluation with our Weight Management Physician, with subsequent follow-up visits as needed
- Weekly, face-to-face nutrition counseling sessions with our Weight Management Health Coach
- Weekly body composition assessment and measurements to monitor progress
- Nutritional guidance catered to your unique needs and monitored using our tracking app and/or journal
Depending on your goals, you can then choose to continue on the weight loss phase of the program or enroll in our membership program for ongoing support and guidance in weight loss maintenance. For more information, call 305-367-2600.