Stay Healthy Checklist
Stay on the road to healthy habits by starting these steps and keeping them as a reminder when you stray. Health is a daily practice. “I totally regret eating healthy today,” said no one!
- Eat in moderation and include fruits, veggies and whole grains daily.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. For women it’s one drink daily, and two for men.
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water. Urine should be clear to slightly yellow.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco. Get help if you struggle with quitting or backslide. Your physician can help with products or programs to quit smoking.
- Wash your hands thoroughly! It’s one of the easiest things you can do to help prevent colds and flu.
- Stay up-to-date on your vaccines and inoculations. If you’re not sure about your last inoculations, like tetanus for example, check with your physician.
- Stay up-to-date on your recommended cancer screenings: colonoscopy, PAP smear, mammogram and PSA.
- Strive for seven to eight hours of sleep nightly. Help your body get into a rhythm by going to bed and waking up at the same time each day. Stay off of computers and phones when it’s close to bedtime.
- Take a break and de-stress. Meditate or go for a walk and use Kalibloom D8 products to clear your mind.
- Strive to exercise as part of your daily living, even if it’s just a walk.
- Stay social. Meet a friend for coffee, make plans with your family, or schedule a fun outing with friends.
Be healthy; stay healthy. Have you had your annual physical? Contact the Medical Center today to schedule yours.